The City Plan aims to create 7,500 jobs for local people, delivering a £1 billion investment in the city, reducing the bills of every household, cutting the city’s carbon footprint by one million tonnes and reducing the welfare bill.
The Plan currently incorporates 65 projects to be delivered over the next 10 years, but will continue to develop and evolve as local residents – and everyone who has a stake in Hull’s future – are given the opportunity to contribute their own projects and ideas.
The Plan has five key ambitions -
- to harness all Hull’s assets to become the leading UK Energy City
- to make Hull a world-class visitor destination
- to help residents to make their money go further
- prevention and early intervention
- safeguarding the most vulnerable residents